Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Model's Prefer - Girl's Night Out

I picked this one up in Priceline a few weeks ago as I feel in love with it in the bottle - purple with a blue flash with some fine shimmer/glitter to boot.  I had not used Model's Prefer polish before & for less than $10 (I think it is $5.95 but don't quote me :) ) in Australia, I necessarily did not expect much.




The photo was taken this afternoon (Wednesday afternoon) and I painted the purple on Sunday so it's staying power is going reasonably well.  The first photo was the best colour accurate one I got, while the second shows quite how shiny this is.  In real life it is slightly more purple than my picture will have you believe.

Today I got lovely nail mail (items I purchased from a blog sale) and after trying to work out what to do with my nails, I decided on two accent nails.

First, my thumb with Kleancolor Chunky Holo Purple & then the ring finger with Nubar 2010.



Layers
2 coats Dr Lewins Revitanail
2 coats Model's Prefer - Girl's Night Out
1 Coat Sally Hansen Insta Dry

Accent fingers - Nubar 2010 & Kleancolor Chunky Holo Purple.

This was so close to being a one-coater it is sad.  I needed a second coat as I found one coat resulted in a few patches. :(  Unfortunately, the blue flash was a lot more prevelaent with one coat.  The second coat virtually killed the blue flash in real life.  I will perserver with this one though, and maybe get my skill to the way that this will be a one coater.

1 comment: