Thursday, 15 March 2012

Fettucine with a Chicken and Mushroom Sauce

I made this on Monday night (March 12) & what a lovely little surprise it was.  I don't generally cook with cream or bacon (only use is fried rice) and what a tasty quick little meal it is, although it does not look much.  I will definitely be cooking this one again, and during the week after work.  When I started cooking this 'My Kitchen Rules' was on TV & when I finished it was still going.  Super quick, especially for me. :D

Ingredients (These quantities should feed 4):
2 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
2 slices of bacon, cut into strips
a little olive oil
15-20g of butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 mushrooms, sliced
4 spring onions, chopped
2/3 cup of Cream
2 table spoons of water
2 table spoon of flour
pasta of choice

Fettucine with a Chicken and Mushroom Sauce
  1. Heat the oil and butter in a fry pan
  2. Add the chicken and cook until browned
  3. Add the bacon, mushroom and garlic cook for a few minutes over medium heat, stir occasionaly
  4. Add cream and spring onions - cook for a little bit while stiring
  5. Blend the water and flour until it is smooth.  Add to the pan & stir until the mixture thickens.  Reduce the heat a simmer for a couple of minutes.
  6. Add your cooked pasta to the pan, stir until it is all mixed together, serve and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment